Thursday, April 16, 2009

Movie Crazies

Some people are crazy over this movie, others are not. I'm kind of in the middle. As I posted on FB today. I hope area businesses are benefiting from them being here, because that is one of the major benefits to having them here. Another benefit is our town and some of its people will be in the movie, albeit very small parts, but it is a major motion picture, so that is good. On the down side you have to deal with no parking at the school for a few days, messes that they leave behind, like the school gym this morning. I think I could have filled a large garbage can this morning from all the trash that was left on the bleachers after the crew ate there yesterday. In the end though, my opinion is it should be a positive experience for Lenox overall. People now are just upset over the inconvenience they are creating. Which I wouldn't want all the time, but for now it is ok to deal with.

It has been a couple weeks since I posted. Church has gone very well. Ron's messages continue to challenge me when I walk out the door. And I hope they do others in our church as well. He knows how to bring it to our level and make us really think. Even if we aren't struggling with what he is specifically talking about, he makes you consider all things and look at those areas of your life and challenges you to make them better.

We had a good Easter weekend. I took Thursday, and Monday off. Friday was a holiday for me at work. The kids and Julie were off Friday and Monday so it was nice to all be there together. On Thursday I hauled 32 ton of gravel to Julie's grandpa's farm, got it all spread and looking good. Jeff and Amy, Julie's sister, and their kids came up for Easter weekend. They got their late Friday night or early Saturday morning, depending on how you look at it. And left Monday afternoon. It was good to see them and spend time with them before they head to Alaska. We will miss being only six hours away. It was so nice when they were in Kansas City, we could head down or they up and it didn't take that long at all. We have such good conversations when we are with them.

Well that about sums it up for now...I'm in week 5 of my workouts and have only missed one day! How about you Matt?

1 comment:

  1. *Sigh* Not nearly that well, I'm afraid. To my credit I've wasn't even here for one week. Still, I should step it up. Good for you though! :)

    ReplyDelete