Monday, March 2, 2009

This week

We missed Ron's message at church. That is a good feeling, when you miss church and are upset because you missed the message. We went to Fred and Barb's this weekend. Fred had tickets to the Pheasant's Forever banquet in Carroll County. He gave me the second ticket! I was excited to go, but felt bad, because while we were at the banquet, Julie, Barb, and the kids weren't. I would have liked Brenden to go, but by they time in occurred to us, it was too late. He probably would have gotten board after a while, but would have been interesting to hear his comments about all the stuff that was there. They had a gun cabinet that was hand crafted by a company in Carroll to be auctioned off. It was the most beautiful cabinet I have ever seen. WOW! If only I had the money! There were several neat prints that I could have bid on also. The two that I liked were by the same artist. I'll have to get that name and remember it. They sold for $325 and $350. A little too high for me, especially when I don't have a place to hang them!!! Some day I guess. Or I hope!

This week, a group of us from church are going to meet and discuss our "Fireproof" night. This is an exciting event for our church. Hopefully we will have more things like this to reach out to those in the community. We all need to be praying for this night, March 14th.

Hopefully this week will be a little slower than last. No more wrestling for Bren, so that frees up 2 nights until soccer starts up...Now we have 2 teams to cheer for, and attend practices for...So the break will be nice, but short. On a good note though, both Bren and Lauren are excited to start. Haven't gotten a date yet, so hoping for a 2 week break. We'll see. I am going to be helping coach both of their teams. Don't know why I have to do it, but I always seem to say I can help if I get asked...I guess I should since I am willing and am one of the few who are actually certified to coach. I am also starting to see the possibility that this time won't last forever (that is obvious) but also that I might not be able to help coach them in a year or two, so I better enjoy it while I can...Just hope I can remember that when we are at a game in the rain and it is freezing cold:-)

1 comment:

  1. Pheasant's Forever banquet...sounds exciting. :P

    ReplyDelete